How To Clean Your Wedding Ring At Home
Over time with day to day wear wedding rings can lose some of their luster. However, fear not with a little attention you can restore their brilliance at home without the need to get them professionally cleaned. Please don't use any harsh cleaning chemicals on your rings as they can damage some gems and metals. Follow The Bold One Co guide below to safely clean your rings & restore their shine!
1. What you need
- mild dish soap i.e fairy liquid
- warm water
- soft bristle toothbrush
- microfiber cloth
2. Prepare the cleaning solution
- Pour warm water into a bowl.
- Mix in a few drops of fairy liquid. Stir gently until the soap is dissolved, creating a gentle solution.
3. Place your rings in the bowl
- Soak for 15 minutes to help loosen dirt, soap scum stains and oils.
4. Use soft toothbrush to scrub away dirt.
- Be gentle when scrubbing the ring and pay special attention to crevices and diamond settings where dirt lodges.
5. Rinse ring thoroughly.
- Rinse ring in a clean bowl of water or under running water. IMPORTANT - if rinsing under running water be sure to use a sink strainer to prevent losing your ring down the drain!
6. Dry your ring with a soft micro fibre cloth.
- Gently pat your ring dry using gentle motions to prevent scratching of delicate metals.
7. Still lacking shine?
- Use a jewellery polishing cloth to gently buff your ring and restore its shine.
8. Clean regularly every 2+ months to help prevent build up of dirt.
Need advice on your jewellery care? Or are you looking for bespoke wedding bands/ engagement rings or jewellery for your wedding day? Drop The Bold One Co a message! we would love to help.